Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994)


Being a huge fan of the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre, I had avoided seeing any other sequels (except, of course, for the beloved Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2), remakes, reimaginings, or whatever else they are calling them these days. I was pleasantly surprised by the remake with Jessica Biel (it was mindless, entertaining fun) when I finally did see it, but horribly let down with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (my #1 worst pick for 2006). I really did love the 2nd movie, and have yet to see the 3rd, entitled Leatherface. For Christmas, my boyfriend wanted to add to my TCM collection so he got me a movie I had avoided seeing for a loooooong time: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation.

Still, I was intrigued...could it really be that bad? I mean, you've got Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger, so you'd at least get a laugh, right? RIGHT?! WRONG! Oh, so very sadly wrong...The Next Generation has got to be the very worst in the entire series, if not one of the worst movies ever made! I haven't seen numero tres, but by all reasoning it has to be better than the steaming pile of crud I was subjected to...

I mean, I don't even want to talk about it...I think it was so bad that I'm now traumatized by watching an overacting McConaughey play a baddie and a lost Zellweger trying to play a scared high schooler. Not to mention Leatherface! Poor Leatherface - once the most frightening horror icon, in this piece of trash he is relegated to being a cowering, scared lost-little-boy type who enjoys dressing up in drag.

The rest of the cast is as pretty bad as McConaughey and Zellweger. They are all annoying dimwits! The dialogue they spew is truly awful and the acting...ummm...ya, let's not even go there. Let's just say I'm surprise anyone had a career after starring or being involved with this movie.

Arrrrrghhhh! There are no scares, no creepy moments, nor anything of value for that matter...this is one film that has truly no redeeming qualities. If you value your eyeballs, don't set sight on this sorry excuse for a movie lest it burn them out of your sockets.

Order it on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...